Hours of Operations
Want to see what time mini golf opens? How about when you can do a little shopping at the Ranger Station? View all of our hours for our attractions and facilities here! All hours & activities are subject to change.
See Hours of Operation here.
Stop by the Campfire Canteen to enjoy a variety of delish items like burgers, french fries, pizza, and frozen treats like hand-dipped ice cream and ICEE’s! Please note that the grill closes one hour before the Campfire Canteen closes. During the last hour, only fried foods, ice cream, and drinks are available.
View our camp-resort map here.
Check out all the exciting events we have planned during your stay here or download the Jellystone Park™ app!
Need a little help with your amenity? Here are some instructions! If you need additional assistance, feel free to give us a call or stop by the Registration Station!
Make sure the brake is locked before putting the key in. Put the key in the ignition and turn the key to the right until it is in the on position. Note: you will not hear the golf cart engine come on, most golf carts are quiet. Put the golf cart in the forward “F” position. The reverse “R” position is to go backwards and this will make a loud beeping noise. Slowly press down on the gas. It is important to press the gas slowly because golf carts start out at their full acceleration. After slowly pressing on the gas you will hear the break release and then you can gradually increase your speed. Drive with caution and remember that our max speed is 5MPH. To stop the golf cart, gradually press down on the brake until you hear it lock in place. It is critical that the brake is locked in place otherwise the golf cart will not remain parked. Take the key out when you are not operating the golf cart.
View our TV Guide here.
Contact and Local Health Care Providers
Have a question or concern during your stay? Stop by the Registration Station. In the case of life threatening emergencies, dial 911.
*Please notify the Camp-Resort staff if you call 911 so we can assist in getting emergency personnel to the correct location in the park.
Registration Station: (301) 223-7117
Park After Hours/Emergency Line:(301) 223-7117 ext. 3
Local Health Care Providers:
MedExpress 1741 Dual Hwy, Hagerstown, MD (6.2 miles)
Meritus Medical Center
11110 Medical Campus Road, Hagerstown, MD (6.9 miles)
CVS Pharmacy (Inside Target)
17213 Cole Road, Hagerstown, MD (5.3 miles)
Hagerstown Smiles Dental Care
1115 Mt Aetna Road, Hagerstown, MD (10.3 miles)
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
17233 Cole Road, Hagerstown, MD (4.9 miles)
Important Information Regarding Your Stay
• Quiet hours: 10pm – 8am, Sunday – Thursday and 11pm – 7am, Friday, & Saturday
• Check-out is by 11am for cabins and 1pm for campsites.
• While at the park, make sure that a car tag is visibly displayed in all vehicles.
• Wristbands must be worn during your stay. Max 10 people per site.
• Day Camp Passes are not available. Visitors are not allowed at your site.
• At the end of your stay our housekeeping staff will clean your cabin and prepare it for our next guest. You can help us by washing your dishes, putting any items moved back in their original location and bagging your trash and setting it outside. Guests will be charged $75-$250 if the cabin is excessively dirty and requires extra cleaning.
• Help us conserve energy by turning off both outside and inside lights when they are not needed. When using AC/heating in the cabins, please close doors and windows.
• A fire ring has been provided so you can enjoy a campfire. Help us keep the Camp-Resort clean and protect the environment by not moving your fire ring. You will be charge $25 if the fire ring is moved. The furniture inside the cabins has been designed for indoor use. We ask that you do not take the furniture outdoors.
• In order to provide a healthy environment for all our guests, we prohibit smoking in all cabins and in all public buildings. Guests will be charged an additional $250 cleaning fee if it is discovered that someone has been smoking in one of these areas.
• Each cabin has been equipped with items to make your stay more enjoyable. We ask that you care for these items and leave them in the cabin when you depart. Guests will be charged for items that are damaged or removed. For information on the cost of items, please give us a call or stop by the Registration Station.
• We welcome furry friends in the cabins that have been designated “pet-friendly.” For the health of other guests, we prohibit pets in all other cabins. Guests may be charged an additional $250 cleaning fee if it is discovered a pet has been in a cabin that is not furry friend approved. View our Rules & Policies page.